Why would I make this luggage tag tutorial when YouTube has many such tutorials? Because I couldn’t find one just the way I wanted. So I felt compelled to share this with you. Here’s why I think this is the BEST DIY luggage tag:
1. Privacy feature (name & address on the inside) – opens like a book
2. Name and address card securely tucked inside so as to be nearly impossible to fall out.
3. Sturdy strap
4. Large enough for impact to enjoy whatever fabric you’re using but still small enough to use up your scraps.
Hope you enjoy this project as much as we did… and as much as the gift recipient did!
– 5″x7″ card
– Fabric, 1/4 yard
– Fleece interfacing, fusible
– Interfacing, medium weight & fusible
– Clear vinyl (you only need a small square; Buying from the fabric store is best as it is very sturdy but you could also use something on hand for this like a piece of vinyl from a bedding set packaging or a notebook sheet protector page – I got this idea from The Crafty Gemini)
– Leather upcycled (or any kind of sturdy strap material that is 1/2″ wide), 8″ long
– Sewing machine
For written instructions, you can read this tutorial on Instructables:
#fathersdaygift #fathersdayDIY #joann #joannfabrics #bernina #hobbylobby #handmadewithjoann